Preheat oven to 350°F
Butter and flour two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour mix, or any allowable grains such as Spelt)
- 1 1/2 c. Spelt, Amaranth, Quinoa flour or a mix of all of these (or gluten-free flour mix)
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 c. raw sugar (or raw honey)
- 1 c. sunflower oil or beneficial oil like Walnut, Almond.
- 3 large eggs (room temp)
- 15 oz. (1 can) pure pumpkin
- 1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
Sift first eight ingredients into a large bowl. In second bowl, beat sugar and oil to blend, and then add eggs and pumpkin. Mix well. Stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture in two additions, just until blended. Add nuts, if desired.
Divide between loaf pans. Bake approximately 1 hour 10 minutes, or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer to racks and cool in pans for 10 minutes. Cut around sides of pan with a knife to loosen. Turn loaves onto rack to cool completely.
Yield: 2 loaves
Adapted from Bon AppétitLeave a reply →