Pelvic muscle training is important for men and women, especially when trying to conceive. You’ve likely heard about the importance of Kegel exercises – aka training of pelvic floor muscles, which include the uterus, bladder, small intestine and rectum.
Benefits of Pelvic Muscle Training
Should men do pelvic muscle exercises? You bet! Check out some reasons in this list:
- increase blood flow to the pelvic region which can nourish the tissue with hormones
- increase blood flow to ovaries and uterus, enhancing likelihood of release of an egg
- support healthy development of the uterine lining/ placenta should pregnancy occur
- bring nutrient rich blood to the prostate and promote healthy sperm production
- enhance sexual pleasure.
What causes weak pelvic muscles?
Typical causes of weak pelvic muscles include being overweight, certain surgical procedures, the aging process, excessive strain during exercise pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
Common Signs of Pelvic Weakness
- Leaking a few drops of urine when you laugh, sneeze, or cough.
- Continuing to “dribble” after you’ve left the toilet (men).
- Never feel like you can “hold it” and often rush to the bathroom.
How to do Kegel Exercises
Find the right muscles: Women can do this by stopping urination in midstream.Leave a reply →